Friday 23 May 2014

Guest recipe: Falafels

My dear cousin Brad wrote to me to tell me about one of his favourite recipes: falafels. I too am a big fan of falafels, the fresher the better. And what's more fresh than straight from your own kitchen? I'm looking forward to trying his recipe -- it looks delicious!


*  *  *

Hey Shaun! I was checking out your blog and figured I would make a contribution. 



Ingredients:

-4 cups canned chick peas drained and dried
-1 small onion chopped
-1/4 cup fresh parsley
-3 cloves garlic chopped
-1/3 cup flower
-2 teaspoons salt
-2 teaspoons cumin
-1 teaspoon coriander
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

-2 tsp baking soda
-1 tbs water

Blend together all the ingredients except for baking soda and water

Dissolve 2 teaspoons of baking soda into 1 tablespoon of water and mix in.

Pat mixture into golf ball sized balls.

Fry in oil at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes, moving the falafels around every once in a while. 

I like to eat them on a wrap with babaganoush, lettuce, onion, tomatoes and peppers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment